Choosing the perfect wall color that coincides with the room’s ambiance is quite challenging, especially if you are looking for a wall color that accentuates the beauty of your home. Most people take trends into perspective, while others take the décor of their rooms into consideration when determining which wall color best meets their tastes.
However, most people do not even consider the fact that the wall color of their rooms actually plays an integral role in governing their moods! Yes, you read that right; your wall color can actually influence your mood both positively and negatively. This is why it is imperative that every homeowner chooses their wall color by taking this fact into perspective. Color has the power of changing a whole room’s design and it can also change how you feel, which is exactly why homeowners should choose wall colors with immaculate attention to detail.
Choose Your Wall Color Very Wisely
Choosing a wall color that suits your mood is not an easy task as each color has a psychological value according to your personal mental state and experiences. One color that might make someone happy might also make another feel anxious, depressed or enraged. Homeowners should sit down and think what kind of effect each color has on them. You need to aim for peace and harmony when it comes to your home so please choose your colors very wisely.
What Mood Are You Trying To Achieve In Your Room?
This is one of the most important questions you should ask yourself, especially if you want a wall color that meets your personal preferences and needs. Answering this question is not easy, but conducting research can help make this much easier. All you have to do is research different home décor options and ask yourself how the images make you feel! Conduct as much research as possible and then take into account your room’s design to choose a color that makes you feel both happy and content.
Different room colors and their effects
There are three effects of colors – neutral, active and passive. This means that you can easily find a color that matches your room’s design, your taste, and desire! For example, if you are looking for a spacious and open aura for your room, then consider light colors to make the room appear more bright and airy. Dark colors, on the other hand, are perfect for people who are looking for a warm or sophisticated ambiance. To help every homeowner out there understand the true potential of colors, we have compiled a list of the most common colors and their effects. This list is given below.
- Red: The energy booster. Associated with passion, red is known to increase heart rate and blood pressure. Be careful of which tone you pick, as darker shades can evoke anger and aggression.
- Yellow: Captures the joy of sunshine and radiates happiness. However, be careful as yellow can sometimes create emotions similar to red.
- Blue: Can slow down blood pressure and encourage relaxation. Darker tones, however, can bring feelings of sadness.
- Green: The color of balance. Considered to be the most restful and peaceful color for the eye, but also associated with feelings of boredom and stagnation.
- Purple: Can create a rich, luxurious and dramatic effect, at times on a spiritual level. On the other hand, purple can cause feelings of introversion and decadence.
- Orange: Has the capacity to invoke excitement and warmth. Although, orange is sometimes perceived as a color of immaturity and deprivation.
Next time you’re thinking about changing the color of your walls, consider this guide. It will help you create an inviting atmosphere for every person that walks through your door. Are there any important points we missed? Please let us know on our Facebook page!